Bose Connect app does not detect product
If you open the Bose Connect app on your iOS or Android device but your Bose Bluetooth® product is not found or does not appear in the app, try the following:
Be sure you are using the Bose Connect app.
Try connecting your Bose product once without using the Bose Connect app.
Enable Bluetooth Permissions for iOS13 and up
There are two ways to remedy this on an iOS device:
- In your device settings, scroll down to your list of apps
- Select Bose Connect
- Under "ALLOW BOSE MUSIC TO ACCESS," enable "Bluetooth."
Or, in device settings, go to Privacy > Bluetooth > enable Bose Connect.
Close and re-open the Bose app.
On iOS devices:
- Depending on your iOS device, either double-tap the Home button or swipe up from the bottom center of the screen to view active apps
- Swipe left or right to find the app you want to close
- Swipe up on the app to close it.
- On the home screen, press and hold the app icon
- Tap App info from the pop-up that appears
- On the App Info screen, tap Force Stop.
Be sure the Bose app is up-to-date.
Clear your Bose product memory of previously-connected Bluetooth® devices.
Reboot the device running the Bose app.
On the Bluetooth® device, remove all entries of your Bose product from the Bluetooth menu. Then, try connecting again.
Be sure location permissions are not blocked for the app in your mobile device settings.
- For iOS devices, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and check that it is not disabled for the Bose app
- For Android devices, go to Settings > Applications and select the Bose app. Tap Permissions and check that Location is not disabled. (Note: The location of these settings might vary by device)